10.28.2011

My UO


peeps were apparently unreliable sources, because the University caved exactly as the City did last week, and now the Occupation itself is on campus...but only until Monday.

I went out to the quad outside of Knight Library (Nike: Little Hands Make Good Shoes) at 11:00 and not a creature was stirring, except one non-student drummer, the single point left from the circle, who assured me that he didn't need help if he got pinched.

"I've been in county plenty of times," he said, squinting over a Brit-style rocket. "It won't be long."

So next time it looks like a throwdown, I'm not going to say anything about it unless it passes appearances and bursts into reality.


The erratic sleep is taking its toll.  I've promised analysis, and analysis will come, but first, a towering coffee and LO duty at the millrace.

UPDATE 1

Washington's Blog has more--a LOT more--examples of various brutality against peaceful people--and the groundswell of support among police and military.  I was going to cover it, but they've already done their typical research blitzkrieg (if you'll forgive the word choice) that makes us mere mortals tremble in awe bordering on fear--

UPDATE 2

And the National General Strike is called.

Clear November 2nd, eh?

No comments: