10.20.2011

Some Advice


for demonstrators:

Don't forget to eat before the march.  You'll pay for it, as I am now, when the adrenaline burns off like a Nigerian gas flare.

But I can tap out a little bit here, before I crash into a  very deep sleep.

Occupy Eugene marched on Chase, B of A, Wells Fargo, among others.  The Chase folks were the most entertaining: They actually closed the bank.  A woman in an ill-fitting suit spoke somewhat frantically into a cell phone, one imagines to either Headquarters (The Barbarians have come!  We are following The Procedure, closing the bank and barring the door, sir--) or her husband (The hippies have come to kill us! Tell the kids I love them--), but we'll likely never know.

There was some chanting, some good old expression of displeasure:






and then we marched somewhere else.





Sure, there was one guy who carried a (paper mache) pitchfork with an effigy of a man in a suit impaled on its tines--and some will no doubt argue that takes it too far--but it is only a metaphor--

If you participate in the most massive financial crimes in history, you should expect to piss a few people off.

Some William Black will light a fire in you if you're unclear just how crooked the banks have become.

So now, with that, I hope y'all sleep well.

I know I will.






No comments: